Massachusetts Housing Organizations
- Provides subsidized housing to low and moderate income individuals and families. In addition to conventional public housing communities throughout Boston, BHA offers rental assistance programs. BHA receives federal and state funding in order to provide housing programs to qualifying individuals and families.
- MHB mobilizes wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security, and an improved quality of life.
- The Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) is a statewide nonprofit poverty law and policy center. Its mission is to advance economic, racial and social justice through legal action, policy advocacy, coalition building, and community outreach.
- Put together by Massachusetts legal aid programs to help you find practical information about your legal rights in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation
- MLAC can provide free legal assistance to those who qualify based on income.
National Housing Organizations
- NHLP is the national backup center for housing attorneys at local legal service programs. It has many useful links on HUD housing programs, legislation, and litigation affecting HUD tenants.
Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
- The Center conducts research and analysis to inform public debates over proposed budget and tax policies and to help ensure that the needs of low-income families and individuals are considered in these debates. The Center’s research on the short- and long-term impacts of various budget proposals, and its layman friendly presentation of data makes this site an invaluable source to all low-income people.
National Coalition for the Homeless
- A web site dedicated to Homelessness and ending Homelessness. This site contains great resources if you are homeless or about to become homeless.
- This site is full of great data on the Loss of Affordable Housing, listed by state and is periodically updated.
National Low-Income Housing Coalition
- The nation’s leading advocacy organization for low-income housing, which is spearheading a campaign for a National Housing Trust Fund to build and preserve affordable housing.
National Legal Services Corporation
- Find your local legal services! A great resource to help you assert your rights!
- Department of Housing and Urban Development. A U.S. governmental agency which oversees the development of housing and low-income housing.
International Housing Organizations
Habitat International Coalition
- HIC is a global network of peoples’ organizations and NGOs working on housing and habitat. Based on advocacy and support for the urban poor, solidarity networking, popular mobilization, debate and analysis, HIC works to unite the civil society for a livable planet for everyone.
Toronto Tenants/Ontario Tenants
- A great site for the Tenants in Ontario. Also contains links to sites and resources around Canada. Contains information relevant to ALL Tenants.
International Union of Tenants
- IUT is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in the United Nations, founded in 1926 in Zürich, Switzerland, with the purpose of safeguarding the interests of tenants. IUT is a non-party political organization, working along democratic lines.